Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 2D/1N
$500 $495 per person
This trek is often known as “the two day Inca Trail”, “the Sacred Inca Trail” or the “Camino Real de los Incas”. The trek starts at Km104 (104 kilometres along the railway from Cusco) and involves a four hour walk uphill to Wiñay Wayna and a couple of hours further to Machu Picchu making it ideal for trekkers wanting to experience at least a part of the Inca Trail but haven’t got the time (or energy) to complete the full 4 day trek.
SHARED TOUR: $495 USD
PRIVATE TOUR: $580 USD
( minimum 02 people) prices are based on two people or couple.
DepartureIn your briefing, we will give the information
Departure TimeApproximately 4:00 AM.
Return TimeApproximately 20:00 PM.
From Our Gallery
Be our gest and see it for your self
The Andean Sky Travel gallery helps you experience the best of Peru with a personalized professional travel service. View our Andean Sky Travel gallery for more information on your next adventure. Our expert Travel Advisors will work with you to create a tour itinerary that fits your needs and your travel style. We sell virtually all services available in Peru.
Day 1: Cusco - Ollantaytambo - Km 104 Chachabamba - Wiñay-Wayna - Machupicchu - Aguas Calientes.
- Walking Distance – 13 km / 8 miles
- Starting Elevation –2100 meters / 6900 feet
- Maximum Altitude: 2720 meters / 8,920 feet
- Difficulty: Moderate
Day 2: Aguas Calientes - Machupichu - Wayna-Picchu - Ollantaytambo - Cusco
After finishing our masterful visit, we take the bus to Aguas Calientes town.
The train departs Aguas Calientes in the afternoon and arrives to Ollantaytambo, where our transfer will be waiting for you and then driving to Cusco city for almost 2 hours.
What is Included:
- Pre-departure briefing at your hotel.
- Pick up from your hotel
- Private transport to Ollantaytambo Train Station (2 Hrs)
- Expedition train to Km 104 (starting point of the hike)
- Entrance fees for the trail and the Machupicchu Sanctuary
- Permits and fees for the 2 Day Inca Trail park
- Walk with an excellent English speaking guide.
- Guided Tour of Machupicchu on the second Day
- 1 Box Lunch, 1 Dinner, and accommodations
- 3 bus tickets (Machupicchu-Aguas Calientes –Machupicchu)
- Expedition train return to Cusco or train to Ollantaytambo and transport to Cusco
Does Not Include:
- Breakfast, lunch, drinks, snacks or water on the 2nd day
- Hot spring pools: 20 soles. (Optional)
- Entrance fee for Huayna Picchu $85.00 (Optional climb which is very important to book in advance as only 400 people a day are allowed access).
What you need to take:
- Your Original passport (ISIC student card if you've booked as a student).
- Comfortable back pack (There are no porters in this trek).
- Water to drink (2 liters, no plastic bottles)
- Rain jacket in rainy season -December to March
- Change of clothes
- Basic personal toiletries: Deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, small towel, hanky, Antibacterial wet wipes.
- Hat or cap for the sun is essential, Sunscreen with sun protection
- Insect repellent for mosquitoes (Malaria or Yellow fever have not been reported)
- Comfortable hiking boots, sneakers or sturdy shoes.
- Money in soles or dollars (ATM´s or cash machines and travellers cheques in Aguas Calientes are more expensive to to exchange money).